Friday, May 30, 2008

Barcelona

First of all, I contemplated not even doing this post because its the farthest away from doing Barcelona justice that you can get. It's beauty is almost completely lost because of my horrible camera so just keep this in mind when viewing.

We don't have a jet way in Barcelona.

Below are photos of my hotel

Lobby Ash tray next to elevators with Hilton logo embossed in it my room Beautiful Bathroom photo.

I decided to go to church and ended up on this street (below) at an apartment building that did not look like a church and had no sign indicating a church. I rang the door bell, no one answered. Instead of taking a cab back to the hotel, I decided to walk. I had no idea where I was . . .

. . .but that didn't seem to matter because I just happenend to wander onto a street that had this amazing building (as seen behind me in the photo below): Hospital de Sant Pau

by Gaudi
After viewing the most fascinating hospital I have ever seen in my life and will probably EVER see (honestly, it's WAY more interesting in person), I looked down the street and. . . what did I see?
The Sagrada Familia Church by Gaudi
Talk about hitting the jackpot on my accidental walking tour.
Some very nice Japanese girls took this photo for me and in exchange, I took their photos.
Again, all I can say is it's an utter tragedy that I have such a bad camera. This church is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. . .I think Gaudi has become one of my favorite architects.
Below is the souvenir stand I bought my scarf and saint bracelet from.
Above, a rank park. Below, another hospital . . ... . .which was on my walk later in the day after I met up with some of my crew to go to dinner.
We were headed for La Ramblas

Kids skateboarding . . .

And then my camera batteries died. . .

So, no more photos. We went to dinner, it was excellent. I had pollo with vegetables but the guys I was with shared Paella. We saw fun tourist stuff and amazing architecture along the way.

This was my first time to Baracelona and I fell in love. I was not expecting to. I have gone back one more time since these photos were taken and plan on going back many, many more. There is still so much to see. . .I haven't even started going to the museums yet!

Next working trip: Oslo, Norway.




No comments: